Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Trashing your work

I'm sometimes tempted to trash a painting if it hasn't sold after a period of time. Have learnt though, that no sooner have I taken an NT cutter to the work that I get a request for it - no kidding this must have happened about 10 times. If I don't like the work, I will still destory it, but now I store away any older works (sometimes obscure sheep concepts) knowing that one day they will just click with someone. Ant is the problem though - he trashes paintings that many times I feel are good works and could have sold. Still it takes a lot to convince him of this sometimes....

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing more liberating than trashing one's work...
    Haven't done it often though, mostly I will hide it with primer and start over again.

    ReplyDelete